Thursday, February 4, 2010

LMFAO: "Sexy Dudes" Having The Last Laugh

LMFAO'S Sky Blu and Redfoo

From skyscraper 'fros to raunchy lyrics that would make a professional roaster blush, LMFAO is a bad-ass band (comprised of Redfoo and his nephew Sky Blu) with a heart of gold that everyone can't help but love - from the kohl-eyed Kardashians to the band's own grandma. Luxe File Chicago caught up with the strangely lovable Foo during the Party Rock Tour, and found out who inspired the band's name, their new rocker fashion line, and the worst part of being famous.

Luxe File Chicago: How did you get started in music? Was there a specific event that launched your career?

Foo: We’ve been around music our whole lives. The Winter Music Conference in Miami in 2007 was where we really got started and decided to form a group. We actually wrote “I’m In Miami Bitch” before we even went to Miami because we were so inspired by the party energy. It was at WMC that we decided this was what we wanted to do.

LFC: Did you ever imagine “I’m In Miami Bitch” would be such a huge hit?

Foo: Yes, we imagined it, mostly in Miami, though.

LFC: Tell us more about your new clothing line, Party Rock. What’s unique about it?

Foo: It’s designed to stand out at a party. If our music wore clothes, this is what it would wear. We’re looking to open the first Party Rock retail store this year, but for now, you can buy our clothing at www.partyrocklife.com.

LFC: Working with the Black Eyed Peas and Pitbull was…

Foo: Super fun.

LFC: We want to collaborate with…

Foo: Raw new talent.

LFC: The defining moment in our career…

Foo: Was when five of our songs were being played on every major radio station everyday.

LFC: The best/worst aspects of being famous are…

Foo: Best: the love that everyone shows us everyday going out in public.
Worst: not being able to take pictures with fans when we have somewhere to go...and
the sad look on their faces.

LFC: How we came up with the band’s name, "LMFAO"...

Foo: Our grandma, Grandma Goodfoot, responded to our original band name idea, “Sexy Dudes”, and suggested “LMFAO” during an online conversation.

LFC: The biggest cliché in rock’n’roll is...

Foo: When people say, “break a leg!” I’m perfectly OK with “good luck”.

LFC: Advice I would give to young musical talent would be...

Foo: Fantasize about me. (Laughing) Just fantasize about the exact life that you want to live and go for it 100%.

LFC: The three things I guarantee I’ll never do again are...

Foo: 1. Make no guarantees.
2. Have no regrets.
3. Regret having guarantees.

LFC: My favorite music icons are...

Foo: The treble clef, the snare drum...

LFC: My favorite new band is...

[Foo pauses and LMFAO’s production manager, Frank, says, “Slapdick.”]

LFC: Never trust anyone who...

Foo: Never trust anyone who says, "I’m friends with the band."

LFC: Favorite designer(s)?

Foo: FartboX Clothing and our Party Rock designers.

LFC: Favorite quote?

Foo: “The best doesn’t always happen, but make the best out of what does happen.”

LFC: Most cherished possession is...

Foo: My love gun.

LFC: Projects we’re currently working on are...

Foo: Our next album and opening a Party Rock store.

LFC: City I most enjoyed performing in...

Foo: Miami.

LFC: The band I most wish I was in is...

Foo: Slapdick.

LFC: The best time I’ve ever had on stage was...

Foo: Every time I’m on stage.

LFC: The actor I’d most like to play me in a film is...

Foo: Samuel L. Jackson.

LFC: The best thing I ever saw was...

Foo: Two girls kissing on a couch.

LFC: I want to make a record as good as...

Foo: Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”.

LFC: The coolest rock star I’ve ever met was...

Foo: Rick James.

LFC: We would only change our look if...

Foo: Everybody looked like us.

LFC: Luxe File Chicago has dedicated its site to the "love of living luxuriously". Finish this sentence: "When it comes to living luxuriously, always...”

Foo: Stay at five-star hotels.

Story by Sally Shorr
Photography by Peter Schroeder/LMFAO

No comments:

Post a Comment