Friday, June 7, 2013

STYLE INSIDER: Erica Strama

Luxe File Chicago recently caught up with Erica Strama, one of the town’s most notable luxury fashion publicists, whose warm weather protocol ranges from boho chic-inspired maxi dresses to heat-defying pucker stains and fierce footwear.

Erica Strama
Senior Marketing Manager


Trouvé’s Flap Pocket Denim Shirt (above) is what I like to call my "wear-with-anything" and "make-everything-look-cooler" summer essential. I plan to throw this over tank tops, sundresses, maxi dresses – you name it. The beauty of this shirt is that it’s lighter than a denim jacket, but still gives off that carefree, boho-chic vibe. Cuff the sleeves for an effortless effect.


I’m always searching for a maxi dress that’s equal parts comfortable and flattering. I found the perfect one: Tommy Bahama’s Tambour Coral Jungle Maxi Dress. With a jeweled neckline and a built-in bra, you can just add a pair of wedges and you’re good to go. This is coming with me to Maui.


I’ve been a long-time fan of Chicago designer Lana Bramlette’s collection of fine jewelry. These gold Cascade earrings are the perfect everyday complement to summer’s flowy silhouettes.


Hooray for the single-sole pump! In the season’s hottest color combo, black and white, the Hitchup Pump by Stuart Weitzman is comfortable enough to wear all day and all night – ideal for a working gal like me. And who doesn’t love the leg-lengthening benefits of a pointy-toe?



When the seasons change, so should your lip color. I normally opt for basic nude, but when temps heat up, I like to swap my go-to beige-y shade for a bold hue. My new favorite is the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu, a super-saturated bright pink. The long-wearing formula gives a melt-proof stain and keeps your lips moist. #genius

NEXT UP: Azeeza Khan of Atelier AZZA

Written by Sally Shorr

No comments:

Post a Comment